Monday, February 14, 2011

Sintel Anim Test - 03

It's about time for another animation test I think! (Viewable when Vimeo decides to convert it once again)


Aligorith Sintel Test Skit - 03



This one uses some expressions which I've wanted to try and use on this rig for a while now. Also, I tried to keep the acting a bit more subtle this time, as playing back the previous two after a while seemed a bit too exaggerated.

For some reason, I still can't seem to get this to flow quite right yet. Also, despite trying various timings, the eye rolling doesn't look right (strangely it now looks too slow, while yesterday in the OpenGL previews it always seemed too quick to read). Suggestions welcome :)

Tech notes:
- I've started tweaking the lighting setup. Most notably, the backlight is now red/pink instead of blue, with the shadow lamp there with reduced energy. This seems to have dampened down the weird blue shadows on the neck in earlier pose tests).
- While setting this up, I tried to get a strong-white backlight to the left to give her a hard rim-lighting effect to compliment the now-dulled "red" backlight. For some reason, I couldn't get this to show up, no matter where I placed the light and/or the intensity of the light used. There must be a trick to this!
- It's clearer in this shot than in previous ones that a "hair fixing" rig is desperately needed. In latter parts of the video, the hair is the cause of the brownish shadow that appears on her chest below the collar bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment