Tuesday, June 23, 2015

NZ Native Fish - Videos

On a more positive note, here are some videos of some fish swimming around in an aquarium of NZ native fish. I'm quite pleased with how these turned out, considering I shot these by holding my phone up beside the tank. Some of the fish may not have been quite that pleased to have been followed/tracked around the way that they were though!


1) A silvery fish showing off its blue fins - I suspect it may have been trying to "scare" me off from tracking it like that


2) Watch out for the antics of the blue cod here - Every bit as athletic as Bubu, but perhaps even more so, and quite impressive for such a long fish like that


3) This milky-white specimen is quite interesting, as it has some of those "wise old fish" whiskers. It also looks quite a bit like an axolotl (check them out too, but be warned that they do look a bit icky; I saw some back in high school, as our biology teacher kept some as pets). Stick around till then end though, for some interesting shots with the snapper(s) just idling around in mid water. It's pretty full on!

No comments:

Post a Comment